What you will need:
- Fresh or dried herbs
- A glass jar with lid
- Chop stick
- Masking tape and marker
- Straining cloth (100% cotton), cheese cloth, or strainer
- Colored glass bottle to store tincture in
- Put herb in glass jar. If you are using fresh herbs, fill the jar. If you are using dried herbs, fill the jar three quarters of the way.
- Pour the vodka over the herbs. Fill the jar to the rim.
- Stir out air bubbles (a chop stick is good for this!).
- Close lid tightly.
- Label with the name of the herb and the date.
After 28 days or more…
- Strain the vodka out of herbs using a strainer, cheese-cloth, or square of muslin. Discard ballast (that's the fancy name for the used up herbs).
- Pour your tincture through funnel into glass bottle.
- Label with the name of the tincture.